rSoGuitar :: Guitar Lessons for Visual Music Theory Forum Index rSoGuitar :: Guitar Lessons for Visual Music Theory
Visual Music Theory for Guitar

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got mine - THANKS!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rSoGuitar :: Guitar Lessons for Visual Music Theory Forum Index -> Testimonials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bigfoot21075
rSoNew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Got mine - THANKS! Reply with quote

HI!

I just wanted to say thanks for sending the two modules I ordered so quickly, I appreciate it! I just started on the first one last night - WOW there is a lot to this. I have been playing for almost 35 years nad have NEVER mastered or even really understood the fretboard. I can already see this method is FAR different from any other i have purchased and have gotten no where with ( I have a monument to terrrible methods in my basement).

This has renewed my enthusiasm for guitar (I was so frustrated even a new Gibson Les Paul Supreme from Musicians friend failed to reinvigorate me). This method has me motivated again!

THANKS!

P.S.

If anyone has any questions for someone who just got this - let me know!

Rob in Maryland
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Wow! Reply with quote

Rob,

Wow, man! Wow! It's moments like these that make it all worth while for me. I have spent countless hours and hours...blood, sweat and even tears putting this together over literally a course of years. Really, I actually started developing this method on the night of my now 9 year old daughter's birth.

I wasn't being a bad husband...the wife just kept shooing me away every time I would ask her if she needed anything. Turned out she was in the "zone" and didn't want to be disturbed one bit. Finally, after a few hours of that and starting to feel pretty useless, I decided I would find something quiet to do. Then it hit me. I would do what I had always been threatening to do, but never seemed quite serious enough to do: Start writing what I would eventually call "The Rosetta Stone Of Guitar."

The more I wrote, the more I learned about what I already only thought I understood. One of the first ultimate moments of eternal reward for me was when I finally got my long-time singer/friend to be able to solo freely all across the fretboard without ever getting lost. The night the method finally soaked in enough to hit him in its full significance...he actually had to fight back the tears. He had been wondering about the great mystery for years and nothing, not all the horses and the kinds men could spell it out to him until this. What a feeling to know that I could help out a friend like that.

That's what drove me to think that more people should know about this method. I started teaching it to more and more people and eventually developing better and better materials for presenting it. It still begs to be taken to the next level. I'm almost there...I just can't afford to sacrifice any more family time for the time being.

Rob,
I'm telling you...there is a secret so subtle, yet so powerful that will soon be within your grasp if you totally immerse yourself in this method. Memorize the family of chords up and down, vertically and horizontally. Memorize the scale pattern so that there are no holes...no dark regions on your fretboard. Do all that with the expectation that there is some greater gift waiting for you on the other side, because that's the truth. And if you conquer the fundamentals I can explain it to you in such a simple way. If you're like me, you might even be a little mad about the fact that no one has ever yet put it to you like I will. In a word or two I will whisper "Sharp Older Sister" (harmonic minor scale) and once you know where to put her, you'll need to know when to put her and once you know that, you'll be freaking out at what it unlocks.

I'm telling about this now because I think I really have your attention and I can't afford to wait until your senses might not be so sharp as they are now. Remember this and never forget to come back to it. I don't care how long it takes for you to hammer this out in your mind (the fundamentals) but you simply have to come back to this when you're ready. One of my greatest frustration comes from the notion that so many of my students and customers get so excited at the power that gets unlocked in the first few chapters/encounters with this method that they go over soloing and strumming chords with a big grin as if the pocket change they just earned is enough to satisfy them for the rest of their lives.

In 25 years of playing, and about 15 years of teaching guitar, I have learned more than just this one trick I'm aggrandizing to you now. But, if I were to be struck with amnesia and had the choice of remembering just ONE trick/concept, I would choose this one: "Sharp Older Sister" (#Os - aka harmonic minor). And remember, there are two parts to this secret: WHERE to put her and WHEN to put her. If you don't have both, it's like the difference between a lawnmower and a Ferrari.

I think the best way to convey the power of what I'm teasing you with is to just put together a simple video where I speak to my listener as if I assume they have the fundamentals mastered. Oh, and if you really pay attention to the module on progressions, and treat it with the utmost respect (paying close reverence to the timing of the cycles and what I call the "home chord moment", you'll be ripe for that great secret.

Wow, this is getting long-winded...but I can't help it. Strike when the iron's hot! Now, in the wake of all the tension I may have built around this "great secret" you have to keep your head about you and remember that the power of music is often in its subtleties. So, I can tell you that you have surely heard this secret being used over and over throughout history, in song after song...and it's usually the really great and memorable ones that utilize such moves. But, for some reason, only a handful of writers seem to either know or care enough to really develop it in their work.

If you're going crazy with anticipation I can tell you right off the top of my head that the trick can be found in the second chord of these songs:
Hotel California, Stairway to Heaven, Yesterday (Beatles...although in this song the scale is actually one step more exotic, containing #Os as well as one more note that is outside the regular scale...making it melodic minor). If there's a single note in the solo for Hotel California that make your skin really crawl...I promise you it's #Os!

Okay, I'm going to leave it at that for now, but for God's sake...don't fade away. Make sure you come back and ask questions where you feel the need. This forum is practically uninhabited these days...you'll have a complete monopoly on answering. Just remember that I still don't get any kind of automatic notification when you post...so I might now notice right away. Just be patient...

Also, I read your post on guitarnoise and I really, really thank you for sharing that with the community over there. Nothing I can say or do builds trust like a testimonial from someone like you.

Thank you SO much! You've also managed to re-inspire me for what I do on my end. I'm gonna show my wife your message(s) just so she knows that all the time I've put into this stuff (and away from the family) really does serve a healthy purpose.

Fred Pool
Bigfoot21075
rSoNew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I get into this the more excited I am geting and the more fun I am having. I just want to shout it to everyone! This is just filling SO MANY GAPS. I am confident in a short time I will be able to get my thoughts and feelings out through the guitar as I have always wanted to do.

This also inspired me to pick up a recording device to monitor my progress (now that i am finally making some). I will send you a file or two in a few weeks.

I wanted to share your system with another awesome community;

http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1285755832/0

THANKS FRED I will keep you posted!

Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    rSoGuitar :: Guitar Lessons for Visual Music Theory Forum Index -> Testimonials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: