rSoGuitar :: Guitar Lessons for Visual Music Theory Forum Index rSoGuitar :: Guitar Lessons for Visual Music Theory
Visual Music Theory for Guitar

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A little help????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rSoGuitar :: Guitar Lessons for Visual Music Theory Forum Index -> Testimonials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZenBiker
rSoMinor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: A little help???? Reply with quote

Much to my excitement, Fred contacted me and has offered to make up any delays I experience. The real measure of a man is not whether or not he's perfect, but how he handles the problems. Thanks, Fred!

Last edited by ZenBiker on Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
ZenBiker
rSoMinor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Well, so much for this lesson system Reply with quote

Message deleted because it's no longer relevant

Last edited by ZenBiker on Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: My apologies Reply with quote

ZenBiker,
Sorry about the whole ordeal you went through due to my lack of awareness and communication. I tried to get a hold of you through the address you supplied in PayPal, but I assume it was unsuccessful since I didn't hear back from you. Thank you for at least trying to make a purchase. I swear the way it worked out wasn't intentional.

If you still want a copy, I'd be willing to send you one free of charge to try to make up for the inconvenience you experienced. Please let me know...and if you reply here, understand that I may not notice it right away as my forum no longer works properly. (I'm working on it...)
Sincerely,
Fred Pool
NEZTOK
rSoMajor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also paid and waited months for my package and had to file a claim to get my money back (check paypal.) I didn't bitch about it ( no respect to ZenBiker - I felt I was being dissed on purpose and didn't want to bother anyone. I'm still willing to pay 30.00 dollars for what I tried to buy if that is possible. I really want the book...
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:52 am    Post subject: Will drag feet for NEZTOK Reply with quote

That's what I want for a bumper sticker: "Will drag feet for NEZTOK." Twisted Evil Yeah, I saw your order and the subsequent retraction along with the other guy's when I finally became aware of the crisis unfolding behind the scenes, but I wasn't as worried about you as he. You and I have some history as you are well aware (but these other readers don't), so I don't see how you can post your claim right next to his and expect the same reaction from me. I'm not saying that I intend to turn you down flat, but you do have me scratching my head. I mean, why would you want to buy the materials when you practically had them all to yourself for almost a year when they were on the site for free during the "test-drive" phase? Didn't you get an eye full during that time?

Also, how can I be sure you aren't merely seeking to modify them enough to claim to have your own version of it or to concoct a sort of creative mockery of it? That's what it seemed you were hell-bent on doing back before we finally agreed on the somewhat uneasy truce we currently operate under.

And then with your latest post, under a different thread (the one with the trippy drawing)...how do I know you won't cut it into tiny little pieces, sprinkle it all over your little ouija board and have a wild seance. Wink Or maybe you're gonna treat it like a voodoo doll, poke it full of pins and see if I get chronic headaches from it?

That's right...Fred's dragging his feet for NEZTOK.
NEZTOK
rSoMajor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I'm really NOT that bad of a person. I was having a REALLY bad year (worst ever) during our theory discussions. The latest post was just me trying to bring life to a dead board (I've actually tried to have a board myself and no one showed up, so I know how hard it is to get people to show up - I'm not judging.) Maybe dead was the wrong word. See - I don't know when I'm offending people. Your work is copyrighted so I really don't see the problem. Also, I haven't even thought of theory for a year. There are no worries...

Ouija boards don't work for me. Laughing

Couldn't I just of looked at the free stuff and cut it up and claim it as my own (although, I never claimed anything as my own - not that remember - that FREEBOARD thing was kind of funny, I thought) I never looked at it. I like books.

...nevermind though. Not that I'm angry. I don't want to beg.

Thanks for replying.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: I find you intriguing for some reason... Reply with quote

Yes, we've argued...yes, we've smoothed things out, as far as I can perceive. I don't want you to beg. I'll probably decide in your favor...I'm just still deliberating and wanted you to know the considerations I have before me concerning you.

So, what happened to your site? The last time I tried to visit, it seemed to have vanished.
NEZTOK
rSoMajor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked um uh, only you checked it out. Apparently. It's now resting on my computer. How did you like the math scale practicing thing? Too difficult? Stupid? Crazy?

I had your link on there...eventually. I'm not sure when you showed up - it was a work in progress. It went through two name changes as the first one was a little complicated.

This is becoming quite a testimony - I swear. Laughing

I need a Phenibut.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:41 am    Post subject: Your site... Reply with quote

Yeah, I found your site only because of the link to mine. It showed up in my stats info, so I knew someone had a link to me...and I hadn't seen it before...so I went there and quickly figured out it was yours. I don't exactly remember the math practice thing, but I do remember seeing something that might have been that...I don't know. It looked very technical. I figured it was something you figured out with your technical mindedness, but I thought it would be too complicated for the average person. I know when I was just starting out I would see something like the circle of 5ths, think it was very cool, but didn't know what to do with it.

So, you took it down, huh? I don't think you gave it enough time, really. It takes time, time and more time to get any traffic. I've been here a long time with mine and I still don't get much.

You don't need Phenebut, you don't need anything...just sit back and breath. Try to find the details of everyday life interesting. Read some Ray Bradbury or something. That guy could write about nothing and make it sound like something incredible.
NEZTOK
rSoMajor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, let me try to make amends and prove to you that I have no tricks up my sleeve. It bothers me for some odd reason...

Here's my guitar book collection:

Cool

(sorry for the image quality - iPhone Rolling Eyes )

What am I missing? A freaking Fred Pool book (or PDF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I would take that as a compliment if I were you.

You don't have to respond, I'm just saying.

Last edited by NEZTOK on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Impressive...most impressive... Reply with quote

Yes I have saved my favorite Darth Vader quote for this occasion. "Impressive...most impressive..."

Okay, I'm impressed. I even see "Plane Talk" in the pile. Nice! Oh, and even and idiot's guide. Cool. Well, I understand my remnants of distrust for you should bother you rightfully. From time to time I pick my scabs...

The bad news for your large pile is that I no longer sell physical copies of my book. At one time I printed about 500 of them (or maybe it was less...it's been years since I ran down the the 3 I have left). At that point, I converted it into a pdf and didn't plan on paying the large sum of money it would take to print up another batch. Cheaper for me means cheaper for anyone else who buys. So, all I can offer is a digital copy, a pdf file. And I DID see in your message that you'd be okay with that. So, I'll probably upload it to a location where you can download it to make amends to you for ignoring your recent purchase. And, yes, I'm sorry for that. I know it must have been a frustrating hassle. If I feel so moved, would you rather have a complimentary copy of what you originally ordered, as I have offered ZenBiker? Shocked
Bigfoot21075
rSoNew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NONE of my business here folks - HOWEVER I will say I ordered and recieved the first two modules - the .pdf is included and is VERY good. I only have an hour and a hlaf in it and have already learned several things....
NEZTOK
rSoMajor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigfoot21075 wrote:
the .pdf is included

Darn it! Laughing

I learned about the pattern thing here. I nosed through the forum and figured out what was "half way" going on. I had lots of time on my hands back then. Too much...

Both Fred and myself know that I already know my way around the fretboard using a bunch of methods (including things I discovered - not invented, discovered on my own.) I'm pretty sure that's one of the reasons it was hard for him to sell it to me. In other words, I don't need it - just want to add it to my collection. Correct me if I'm wrong Fred.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:06 am    Post subject: Oh...alright... Reply with quote

Oh...alright... Rolling Eyes I guess I can vouch for you, NEZTOK. Yes...you are very smart. Yes, you know your stuff. Yes, yes, yes. Just kidding! No, seriously...I could tell from our arguments that you know your fundamentals quite well and have some worthwhile insight into some of the deeper folds of the music theory world. If you're like me, you are always seeking more. But as with anyone who seeks, the hardest part is finding out what you're missing. As soon as you know what it is, you've found what you're looking for and the search is over. So, as far as my advice to you and anyone else, it would be never to overestimate your own knowledge AND never underestimate how humble a place your next learning experience could come from.

I mean, I have learned things about guitar from people who could barely play. Years ago I learned the advantages of proper alternate picking from my brother-in-law, who could hardly do anything but wind himself up and mimic his favorite Pantera and Metalica licks. But he read an article and just happened to be saying something about it at a moment when my ears were ripe to hear it. My ego was under control just enough at that time in my life that I didn't turn a deaf ear to it and it took my speed to a new level. Yeah, at that time I was really getting good at, even though it was very demanding, sort of sweeping from one string to the next (Down-up-down-down-up-down-down-up-down). I was starting to get frustrate with the apparent ceiling I had hit as far as my picking speed and it just seemed like I couldn't get past the speed barrier.

Another great tip I would apply to any and everyone is what happens to you when you try to teach. I swear to you...no one learns more than the teacher. I mean, the moment you hold yourself accountable for what you try to explain to someone is the moment you start really making sure you know what you're talking about. It causes you to really check yourself for holes in whatever logic you rely on. And when your favorite flavor of explanation doesn't work on some really dense student, you end up having to invent new ways of reaching the same concept. By the time you are done beating your head against the wall until it finally cracks...you have a whole new set of ways to see the same thing. What that does is inevitably turn the light on brighter and brighter in your own head. Then, one day something really deep hits you like a ton of bricks because all the connections finally get fused together in a moment of brilliance. This happens over and over and it all just serves to make what once seemed so complex seem so simple. Making child's-play out of the deep stuff is where the gold is.

Years ago I got a job teaching guitar at a local community college and I got to teach it using my method. Well, I really needed help getting around to all the students when it came to practicing the lessons...so I invited my singer and one of my recently promising and excited students. They were really nervous about it, though, because while I had been a professional teacher for about a decade at the time, they hadn't really done that sort of thing and they didn't really have a very firm grasp on my method either...they were just starting to see the light. Well, by the end of the semester...they were ALL OVER IT! In fact, my singer started playing solos when we would have gigs and that other guy (the very promising student) got it so well he became our band's bass player. None of my other bass players could absorb and assimilate my musical ideas like this guy because he and I could talk the same language and see the same available options in a given musical situation.

Anyway...those are just some thoughts. NEZTOK...I'm working on getting that package out to you...probably within the next couple of days, it will be in the mail. Thanks for being willing to taste some of my home brew. I hope it makes your light to shine at least a little brighter in at least some way. And if it does...you must be compelled to share! Shocked
NEZTOK
rSoMajor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yeah, at this time I actually need a "child play" way of playing. I've been very busy doing something else and I have a one track mind. It's really too bad - I was getting some pretty cool theory e-mails (about a year ago) from you when my mind wandered elsewhere. I haven't played my guitar for the past year Shocked so it's really a good thing that I made my own website / pdf. It was really for myself all along. Unless something drastically different happens in my life you'll probably won't hear from me much. Maybe goofy comments on the board - but the theory stuff is kind of locked away! Crying or Very sad Although, I still know my way around the fretboard (comes naturally after a while.) I'm not lost. I'll try your method before I look at my cheat sheet. How's that?

Here's hoping that I didn't just contradict myself! :::fingers crossed:::

Idea - must learn how to communicate on message boards.

I was also hoping for this response - NEZTOK admitted to learning something from me! WTF?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    rSoGuitar :: Guitar Lessons for Visual Music Theory Forum Index -> Testimonials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: