rSoGuitar :: Guitar Lessons for Visual Music Theory Forum Index rSoGuitar :: Guitar Lessons for Visual Music Theory
Visual Music Theory for Guitar

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It made my day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    rSoGuitar :: Guitar Lessons for Visual Music Theory Forum Index -> Testimonials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NEZTOK
rSoMajor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: It made my day. Reply with quote

Hey, if you ever put up anything new on your site I'll buy it. T-shirts, picks, mugs, anything.

I had my old lady postman (with 12 grandchildren) open it. And that ruled out Anthrax. I inserted the DVD into my church computer to make sure of no viruses. CHECK! Of course, I'm joking... I don't go to church. Twisted Evil

The DVD itself looks good. I don't know nothing about DVDs, but they don't look like burnable DVDs. Are they pressed? Maybe not since it was modified on Oct 2.

At first I was wondering if it would run on my Mac. It took me a minute to figure out that everything ended in .swf. I just had to choose FLASH to run it. I like that you can enlarge the videos. Nice.

The pdf looks printable. Cool.

The first song in the Dragon folder sounds creepy.

Also, I haven't mentioned that you are talented as a programmer. I tried programming many years ago and for some odd reason I got easily distracted - too many languages, I didn't have the software, etc. I had to program a little for a class called "Software Tools For Engineers," but I didn't get much out of it.

Thanks again.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Thanks... Reply with quote

So, it sounds like you got your package alright. Good. I'm glad you took the necessary precautions as well. I knew it would take a lot sneaker way to get at you than that, so I didn't even try. By the way, I was laughing pretty good at the old lady postman and the church computer stuff...very funny!

I make the DVDs using my lightscribe burner. I'm a one-man-show, totally home-brew kind of low-budget setup. Any illusions I may be able to prop up to make guys like you think I'm a real professional outfit is just smoke and mirrors. I'm a humble family guy, a professional middles school teacher with a wife and kids and a local church (that's right, I don't care how creepy my music sounds like...I'm on 3 worship teams at the moment and I love it). I don't prosper very much with all the time and effort I put forth trying to teach guitar. It's more a labor of love for me, although I do manage to take my family out to dinner from time to time, or rescue our very tight budget with the little bit I am able to rake in from it. So, I thank ever God for every purchase and I am glad I make enough to convince my wife it's worth continuing to do. I love it and, for one thing, it keeps me sharper than I would be otherwise.

As for my programming skills, I owe it all to Flash. I started toying with Flash over 10 years ago and it was just the right kind of interface for me to actually get somewhere. It was a very SLOW process, but I got a big, big break when the computer teaching job at my school opened up and was able to get into it. I taught middle schoolers how to use Flash to make video games and all sorts of neat things for about 5 years. That's when I learned enough to do what I now do with it to teach guitar. I owe it all to the everyday practice I got to pursue along side my students. I'm telling you, and everyone else, once again, teaching it the BEST way to learn. There's just something special about it.

Thanks for the kind words and keep in touch. Really, as you look through the stuff, if you have any questions ask them here. It will help keep this very quiet forum alive.

By the way, www.guitartricks.com was impressed enough with my site to actually set up a link exchange! So, I'm pretty pumped about that. You can now find a link from my site to theirs and vise-versa. Pretty cool, eh?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    rSoGuitar :: Guitar Lessons for Visual Music Theory Forum Index -> Testimonials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: